Prescribed diane35 for PCOS, no periods after stopping. Took pills, metformin without menstruation. Any problem?

hi im kim. i have pcos for about 8 yrs now. my doctor prescribed me to take diane 35 for 6 mos but i stopped after 3 mos. then after stopping pills i did not have menstruation for 4 mos. until nxt month, scanty blood came out for 3 days. now i visited my OB and adviced me to take diane 35 + metformin 500mg BID for 3 mos then a follow up check up after 3 mos. the problem is im not sure if i will be having again my menstruation that is why i started my pills and metformin even without menstruation.. is it okay? because as adviced to me, i need to take the pills on the 5th day of my menstruation.. thank u very much! hoping for your reply, that would be a great help..
Asked On : Sat, 9 Mar 2013