Prescribed Niftran for urinary infection. Worried about side effects. Safe to take for 2 weeks?

I am in India, I have had an urinary track infection for about 3 weeks. I have been on Cyproflaxacin than my doctor in the US gave me before I came over here for Urinary track infections. Then my doctor in India told me that that is not working and he has perscribed 100 milligam Niftran.. 2 times a day.. I read that he can cause seriouse pulmanary problems. I have had phumonia twice and can have cronic broncittis. Do you recommend me being on this drug for 2 weeks? My husband has an uninary track infections as well. He is on the India brand Cifran which is then same as the Cyproflax.. I am very nervouse about taking the Niftran.. Has this drug been used in the US? My Name is Sandra This is my husbands email address.
Asked On : Thu, 10 Jan 2013