Prescribed Klonopin. Causing depression. Suggestions to wean off from it?

Thank you. I ve never taken medication my entire life and my internist suggested xanax just to take the edge off while I started my business....I m petite and it started making me anxious after a few months so the dr changed it to valium - ultimately making me depressed - he didn t think it could have that effect. I ve never been a depressed person my entire life. Now he s changed it to klonopin and I went from being a very healthy, happy person to relying on meds. I now have difficulty sleeping through the night and would appreciate knowing how to ween off of klonopin - and is it possible? It s seriously ruined my life. What can I take at night that s an alternative to a prescribed medicine - this has been a nightmare. And since I m taking .5 miligrams of klonopin, is there any facility that I can go to that will help me ween off without putting me on more medicine?
Asked On : Mon, 28 Jan 2013