Pregnant with severe stomach ache and back pain. Cause for pain?

My daughter is 23 weeks 2 days pregnant, she has just text me to say she is getting really bad Period type pains, she also has bad back ache. She said she is curled up in a ball clutching her stomach as pains are that bad. She has been getting bad back ache for a while now but has got worse in the last week. She has tried warm baths, Hot water Bottle, laying with a Pillow under her back, but nothing helps. She doesnt want to ring her Midwife as she thinks she is wasting her time. She had to go to the Maternity Unit last week as baby wasnt moving as much and she was getting really bad pains in her stomach (She having a Girl), She also has a 14 Months old lil Boy. Thanks
Asked On : Sat, 2 Feb 2013