Pregnant, very thin, not gaining weight. Gastric bypass surgery done. Harmful to baby's health?

My daughter is almost 38 wks pregnant & was just told on Tuesday that her doctor is concerned about her weight gain , or lack there of. She got pregnant 6 months after gastric bypass surgery . She was 177 lbs when she was about 6 wks & @ almost 38 wks now she only weighs 165. All the normal tests that are done during pregnancy are normal & the babys heartbeat has always been good. I guess what I would like to know is what are the doctors concerns ? If the baby hasn t gotten enough nutrients what could it mean for thin health wise? Could it affect his brain? My daughter is 35 years old & this is her first pregnancy. I m not sure where to begin researching this.
Asked On : Sun, 6 May 2012