Pregnant taking Xanax for panic disorder. Extreme difficult to work. Will this affect the baby?

Hello, I recently found out that I am pregnant. Going by my last menstral cycle, that puts me around 6 weeks. I currently take .5 mg of Xanax for Panic Disorder . My doctor has been trying to take me off of this for the past couple of weeks, but I am having an extremely difficult time functioning normally. In addition, it is extremely difficult to work, which is where I get my health insurance. Does this small dosage really affect the baby or is it worse to be trying to deal with this amount of stress?
Asked On : Sat, 22 Dec 2012