Pregnant, sharp abdominal pain, bright red discharge. Ultrasound shows cyst in left ovary. Treatment?

i am around 6 weeks pregnant. a week and a half ago i had sharp pains on my lower left side of my abdomen , and bright red discharge that quickly turned to a brownish color. went to the ER, did a blood hormone test and an internal ultrasound . everything looked great. the dr said that i had a cyst on my left ovary but it had disappeared. everything seemed to be fine. no more pain or bleeding until about a week later when i had a very sharp pain in the same place and had brownish discharge that has now turned to black. what could this pain and discharge be coming from if my baby is fine?
Asked On : Sat, 28 Jul 2012