Pregnant, reduced Hb levels, diagnosed it as chronic anemia. Taken Orofer S iron infusion 8 times in first pregnancy. suggestions ?

I am pregnant(26 weeks) with my second kid and have anaemia . I had similar condition during my first pregancy. In my first trimester, my Hb level was 9.1 and now it s 7.9 (at the end of 6th month). I have consulted many doctors(internal medicine) for this. they have done a series of test like iron stores, thyroid , B12, folate level and even for thalassaemia. All the test results were well within range and they diagonosed it as chronic anaemia. I have taken Orofer S iron infusion 8 times in my first pregnancy but it din t boosted Hb by even .1. I delivered my first child at Hb level 9. Now, my doctor is again suggesting for 8 iron infusions and has said that i will even require blood transfusion . I am a vegitarian but I am eating well(raisins, figs, spinach , beetroot, pomegranate etc are part of my daily diet). I am scared of blood transfusion. Can you suggest me what step should I take next? Also, how much shall I reach for delivery?
Asked On : Fri, 1 Mar 2013