Pregnant on insulin for gestational diabetes. Numbness of tongue, inner cheeks and lips while eating. Causes?

I am 32 years old and 32 weeks pregnant with my first child. I have gestational diabetes and I am on insulin . For the past 5 weeks or so I have been experiencing numbness in my mouth while I m eating. My tongue , inner cheeks and lips go numb and tingly, It feels like I ve just swished with ambesol or something. I doesn t happen very often, only 4 or 5 times in the past 5 weeks and it has only happened at dinner, not at breakfast or lunch. The only pattern that I have been able to identify is that it seems to happen after I have had a blood sugar low but I mentioned it to my diebatic nurse and she had never heard of such a thing.
Asked On : Sat, 29 Sep 2012