Pregnant, in third trimester, have vagina filled with white gunk and frequent urination, prescribed Loxemin. Does the vaginal infection pose any danger to mother and child?

Dear Doctor, My wife is in the third trimester and has had vaginosis or vaginitis (in my non-medical opinion) since before the pregnancy. Today she saw a new ob/gyn who gave her lomexin for vaginal thrush. Symptoms are vagina filled with white gunk and frequent urination . Does the vaginal infection pose any danger to mother and child? I know the Lomexin itself is considered risky during pregnancy and breastfeeding . I m not thrilled by the fact that it s been discontinued in the U.K. either
Asked On : Mon, 25 Jun 2012