Pregnant, have lower abdominal pain, advised endogest throughout pregnancy. How safe is it in the long run?

hello doctor...... i am mr .anurag, having marrital life of 1 year. now my wife is primi with 3 months of amenorrhea . our doctor kept her on tab.endogest 200mg for last 2 months and further advised to continue the same for till 8th month when we attended her opd recently for persisting lower abdominal pain . here my question is it safe to consume the mentioned tablet for such a longer period? if not what are the probable affects for mother and baby?
Asked On : Thu, 26 Apr 2012