Pregnant, embryo growing slowly. Cause of change in gestational period in scan report?

Hello Doctor, I am writing you from Vienna. I was by my gynekologie today, who sayd my embrio growing very slowly. I am 8 week 3 days pregnant, but on the scan show that I am just six weeks 3 days. My question is: if my last period was on the 12th of December 2012, and I know definitely, that I was together with my husband on the 28th of December it should be ok. What do you think? The embrio is 5, 4 mm.
Asked On : Sun, 17 Feb 2013
The gap between scan and your dates can be due to delayed conception and specially if your previous cycles were irregular nothing can be said on it. We usually take scan EDD as correct if there's discripency of more than a week. It is common nothing to worry about it just go with your scan dates and get USG done to see the growth of the baby if it us going on perfectly nothing to worry. Take care.