Pregnant, blood, baby heart beat is less and less sac growth. Will heart rate gets stronger?

went to the E.R. today cuz I am 6 1/2 weeks pregnant but had blood when I went to bathroom.... they told me today that my fetal pole is 6 3/7 weeks and my gestational sac is only 5 3/7 weeks.. baby heart rate is only 96 and said it should be above 120... they said one of two things could happen, either im gonna miscarry or chance I could still carry it and have defects.... can anyone please tell me anything good? is this something that may very well change or the sac could grow eventually big enough and heart rate stronger?
Asked On : Fri, 11 Oct 2013