Pregnant. Thyroid level 6, Prescribed medication dosage 75 mcg, and blood test. Problem?

HI, My wife is 7 weeks pregnant , she was already on dose for thyroid which was at 22 tsh.. she was told to take 50mcg tab. now the thyroid level is 6.. One of my friend, who is a doc told me that TSH of 6 , might hamper the brain development of the baby in some cases. Currently the dosage has been increased to 75mcg and they have asked to come for blood test after 6 weeks. Could you please thrown so light on this.. I am very worried.Thanks in advance.
Asked On : Wed, 1 May 2013