Pregnant. Test showed high TSH level. Taking levothyroxine. How long should I continue this medicine?

Hi I am 4 weeks pregnant and my TSH WAS 17, 2 DAYS BEFORE AND TODAY IT WAS 9.5. I have started my levothyroxine 100microgram. i tested my TPO and its 1300 u/ml. what should i do? what could be the reason for this auto immunity, i am a doctor myself still I am not able to conclude on myself. Long before pregnancy my thyroid functions were normal. Did the pregnancy trigger the autoimmunity or it started earlier to my pregnancy? I am worried about PPTD too. should i have to take Ltroxine through out my life or is there any chance I can stop therapy once i get normal after delivery and so? how far would this affect my foetus? i also have pcos .
Asked On : Thu, 10 Jan 2013