Pregnant. Test says cord around baby s neck, doctor suggests cesarean. Is it advisable?

Hi, I'm in my 38th week of pregnancy, I've recently come to my mother's place for delivery, and I went for a clinical checkup. At the first the doctor who had an internal examination told me that she is feeling the feet of the baby instead of head and asked me to do an ultra scan. The report shows that the chord appears very close to the neck running anterial. After seeing the report, she said the chord is wrapped around the baby's neck. I don't know whether this would be problem. She is strongly suggesting for a cesarean and refusing for a normal delivery as it might kill my baby. I'm very much depressed. I don't know what my options are. Should I go for cesarean? Please advice!meh
Asked On : Wed, 17 Apr 2013