Pregnant. Getting sharp pain above belly button. Any suggestions to what this could be?

Hi, I m 38 weeks pregnant and have been getting sharp stabbing pains 2-3 inches above my belly button. Feels like someone is cutting me with a knife from the inside out. First noticed these pains around 14 weeks. Baby has been breech the entire pregnancy. These pains are so severe they stop me from any activity, and today it caused me to get into a wreck on the way to the doctors office. My doctor isn t very concerned and not very informative either... They last anywhere from 30 seconds to 2 mins. Any suggestions to what this could be? I ve never noticed any contractions throughout the entire pregnancy, so i can t compare this feeling with the pain
Asked On : Fri, 13 Jul 2012
May 2013
the possible causes for your pains are,
-gastritis-which is common in pregnancy associated with regurgitation of food can cause symptoms like this,
-as baby in breach position kicking movements may be noticed like this,
-usually uterine contraction start from fundus of uterus so that may be reason for it,
anyhow as your doctors examined and told nothing to worry,
you practice measures like taking antacids, lying in left lateral position, keeping two pillows behind head etc. if symptoms becomes severe better to visit your doctor early.
take care.