Pregnant. Dry cough, sore throat. Vomiting after taking penicillin. Will fetus be affected?

Hi, My daughter in law is just a little over 32 weeks pregnant. She has had a nasty dry cough for about 3 weeks and sore throat . She is now on penicillin which her family doctor said would be o.k. to take. Although this has helped her throat somewhat, the cough is persistent and it ends up making her vomit . It does not appear to be any better. Does coughing persistently affect the fetus? This is really worrisome and I would appreciate your reply. Thank you
Asked On : Sat, 29 Dec 2012