Pregnant. Brown blood clots seen. Ultrasound done. Antibiotics prescribed. Can I deliver a baby normally?

Hi Doc. My wife is 24 weeks pregnant and 3 days ago she got some brown blood clots just like end or start of periods, so consulted our gyn she asked us to get ultrasound in which we got to know placenta is posterior grade 2 (Indian std) and there is 1 loop of umbilical cord around the neck. On blood clots our gyni said its vaginal infection may be because of placenta and has given some medicines which are antibiotics. Now my questions are:- 1) has our doc diagnosed it right? 2) the scan done on 20th week we were told placenta is not lying low how it came low now and what are its consequences and how can it be moved up? our doc has said nothing to worry on this, is she right? 3) there is a loop around the fetus neck, is it a matter of concern? 4) Can we expect a normal delivery? Thanks in advance.
Asked On : Mon, 22 Apr 2013