Pregnancy tests shows negative , can I still be pregnant ? if so, how ?

It is more than 2 weeks since I missed my period, but all my pregnancy tests are negative. My periods were always on time and this is the first time I missed my period . Is it possible that I can be pregnant even though the tests are negative? if possible, would like to know how is it possible? Why cannot urine tests until three weeks capture at the first place? How accurate are the blood tests? is it possible to be pregnant even though the blood tests are negative? if so, how?
Asked On : Fri, 18 Feb 2011