Potatoes, bread, gets stuck in throat while eating. Loose voice suddenly while talking. How to rectify?

I find that such things eg potatoes, bread etc feels it s stuck in my throat so I choke. I either have to leave or liquidise. Also I v noticed now that I can talk quite normally to start with then all of a sudden my voice starts to go so I have to stop talking as I cant be heard or understood. The no talking can last from a few mins if stop talking at once but if need to finish what I was saying the loss/semi loss can last a day
Asked On : Tue, 15 Jan 2013