Throat and voice problem, voice cracks, choking throat

Hello, for about 2 weeks now I have had a problem with my throat and voice. I am a singer and 1/2 of my range is completely gone (upper range), when I try to sing, my throat tightens and no matter how hard I try I cant hit the note (a note which normally is very easy for me). Normally when i cant hit a note my voice just cracks, now it doesnt even do that, it just stops and goes very flat. Sometimes it almost feels as if I am chocking on my throat if i try too hard. Any Ideas for me? Thanks a lot!
Asked On : Fri, 16 Mar 2012
ENT Specialist 's  Response
WELCOME TO HCM.
U PROBABLY R SUFFERING FROM WHAT V CALL AS LARYNGITIS OR THE WORSE IT CAN BE DUE TO NODULES OVER VOCAL CORDS, KNOWN AS SINGER'S NODULES. ITS VERY COMMON WITH PEOPLE WHO HAV TO USE THEIR VOICE A LOT, LIKE SINGERS IN UR CASE. U NEED AN ENDOSCOPIC EVALUATION OF UR VOICE BOX TO REACH A DIAGNOSIS. NEED TO GO TO AN ENT EXPERT. TILL THEN TRY THESE MEASURES, THEY WILL HELP U RECOVER SOON:-
-TAKE VOICE REST
-AVOID REPEATED CLEARING OF UR THROAT
-TAKE CARE OF UR ACIDITY, IF ANY
-TAKE STEAM INHALATION TWICE DAILY
-DON'T FORCE URSELF TO SING, IF A NOTE IS NOT COMING OUT, IT WILL WORSEN THE SITUATION
TRY THIS, U WILL FEEL BETTER.