Postop vaginal hysterectomy, left labia sore, swollen, burning, itchy, skin discoloration. Triple ant ointment applied, medicine taken. Advise?

6 day postop vaginal hysterectomy...left labia extremely sore, swollen, burning, itching, skin discolored yellow approx 1cm x 1cm area . Started 3.5 days ago. Talked w/my surgeon today & said a retractor was left on & not noticed til end of or. Have been putting cool compresses on & triple ant ointment & started having to take pain meds cuz so uncomfortable. Does this sound like it should heal w/alittle time or could it get worse. I can't even put my legs together right now. Thank-you.
Asked On : Fri, 29 Mar 2013