Possible reason for knee pain, fainting, face turning white, eyes rolling and labored breathing?

Hi last night I had a sharp pain in my knee and I couldn t put any pressure on it. I sat down in a chair and fainted for approx 2 mins. When I woke up my knee pain was still there and it eventually went away after lying down. Why would I faint? Apparently when I was out my face went chaulk white and my eyes were rolling and my breathing was laboured?
Asked On : Fri, 20 Jul 2012
Radiologist 's  Response
Hi there,

Severe, sudden pain in any part of the body would result to a fainting spell if the body can not tolerate or if you have low threshold for pain. We call it a vago-vagal stimulation. It is the body's response to an overwhelming sensation. It is manifested by pallor in your face, lowering of heart rate and cardiac output and eventually fainting. Try to call somebody or inform your companion whenever you feel severe pain again. And seek consult for the cause of this pain. Feel free to follow up.

Thank you,

Dr. Eric