Popping sound from knee during a fall. Soreness and swelling at the patella tendon. Is this a serious problem?

Hi, I am concerned. I was running full speed and jumped landing on my right foot . When i landed i heard a pop in my knee . When i tried to step on it again i heard a smaller pop and i tried again and heard the same. Now i am 3 days after the incident and i am following R.I.C.E. The swelling has gone down quite a bit and i am able to put more pressure and get more range of motion out of it, but it still feels tight when i try to bend it back all the way, like theres alot of pressure in there. Also there was no bruising and the only spot that is sore is the large musle that runs down the inside of my knee and alittle soreness at the patella tendon . is this serious??
Asked On : Thu, 23 Aug 2012