Plasma glucose levels are normal? Has insomnia. What can be wrong?

Hi, One of my known (female, 32 years unmarried) has found following blood sugar levels first time detected. Plasma Glucose Fasting 152 mg% Plasma Glucose PP 165 mg% Test HbA1C 7.1% May I know if this is a really serious issue or something which is easily manageable with proper diet/exercise. She is ~32 years old and we are really concerned since this is a young age and what about pregnancy in future. She is not married / pregnant yet. Her father and mother both have type II diabetes. She is having insomnia since last 6-7 years (cant sleep more than 4 hours) Also, the Haemogram report show some values out of reference/normal range. Total Leucocyte Count 14140 (reference 4000-10000) Neutrophils 76.7 (reference 40-75) Lymphocytes 16.9 (reference 20-45) WBCs(Hgm) = Neutrophilic Leucocytosis Platelet count = 498000 (reference 140,000-440000) Attaching other reports like cholestrol and Urine. Your timely help will be appreciated. A repeat test done (without any medication) shows following results: FPG 102 mg/dl OGTT (75G) after 2Hours 108 mg/dl Plasma glucose PP 130mg/dl C-Peptide (fasting) 2.19 (Reference range 0.9 to 7.10 ng/mL) Method:Chemiluminsence (Fully automated ADVIA Centaur) Serum TSH 2.91 (Reference range 0.49 -4.67uIU/ml) Method:CMIA Can you please help confirm if this is a case of Diabetis or Prediabetic? Basically not sure why earlier result showed higher FPG/PP/HbA1c. Regards
Asked On : Thu, 3 Jan 2013