Pityriasis rosea, rashs on body, itchy, applying aqueos cream and hydrocortisone. Will it last for a year?

I was diagnosed with pityriasis rosea and its been 2 weeks now. Rashes are still everywhere snd it does itch sometimes. I was told by dermatologist that it will last for about 6 months or a yeat. Is thay true? Ive been applied aqueos cream and hydrocortisone that the doc gave me. Does the cream will makes it better or should i just wait and let time heals everything without applying the cream? And what about the sun? I read some blogs saying that tanning could help. Thanks in advanced.
Asked On : Wed, 18 Apr 2012