Red rash under breast and in pelvic region. Painful parotid glands. Link between pityriasis rosea and shingles?

I have what appears to be Pityriasis rosea , I have had this rash for 7 weeks and it appears to be getting worse, I have noticed that under my breast and in my pelvis region the rash is redder and larger than the other daughter patches is this normal? I also have painful parotid gland and glands in the pelvis region, ear pain, a sore throat, nausea, and bowel issues, are these normal symptoms associated with pityriasis rosea? Is there any link between pityriasis rosea and shingles? Since it is believed that pityriasis rosea is caused by a virus will acyclovir that I take when I have a shingles outbreak , help with the symptoms of pityriasis rosea?
Asked On : Sun, 5 Aug 2012