Pinching sensation in wrist with swollen, purplish veins, swollen veins in palm after gestational diabetes test, swelling recedes on keeping the hand above head. Worrisome?

Today I did the time consuming 3 hour Gestational Diabetes test. Many hours later I get a pinch type of sensation in my wrist only to find that my veins have become swollen and dark purple like. Even some of the veins in my palm started to swell. If I keep my hand above my head the swelling goes down. how long will this last. what caused it and is it of a major concern? Please help....thanks..concerned mom
Asked On : Fri, 6 Jul 2012