Phlegm in throat, neck pain, ear pain, sensation below Adam's apple, difficulty swallowing. Infection?

I m 35 y/o married guy with two kids. I m working in front of computer for long hours with very minimal exercise and max 6 hours sleep everyday. I quitted smoking 7months ago. I had couple of colds probably because of withdrawal symptoms but recently, more than a month ago i had colds that make me continuously hacking to throw out the phlegm and clear my nose and throat. After taking antibiotics (amoxiclav if i can remember)for a week, no improvements. The phlegm that is always accumulated in my throat continued for a month. I have to hack it and spit it out for like every 30minutes, then i noticed that as time goes, the amount of phlegm is smaller and thick clear/white or rarely yellow after waking up in the morning. Once in a while i feel dull ache or very mild short pain in my neck in the front and side and below my chin . I m not sure if this is lymph nodes or something else but its doesn t look swelling. sometimes my ears have very mild short throbbing sensation. I can feel mild sensation below my adams apple specially when drinking water tilting my neck upward (i m speculating maybe because of my long bouts of coughing before). through i never had difficulty of swallowing and didn t had tonsil pain, i keep feeling that my throat easily dries all the time and is worst at night. I have to get up and drink water after 2-3 hours. I do snore, drool when sleeping since childhood but never had dry throat for couple of months now. What viral infection that is causing this long bouts of colds. I had very mild fever first day but its gone rightaway. I didn t had diarrhea, no nightswets, or no shortness of breeding. My lung xray is clear, cbc, platelet , electrolytes, thyroid are all normal.
Asked On : Thu, 25 Oct 2012