Strained neck muscles, difficulty swallowing. History of smoking. Strain or smoking side effects?

Hi, I have maybe strained my throat or neck muscles. I was lifting objects a couple of days ago and straight after that it was uncomfortable to swallow. I don t have a sore throat but feels like I am swallowing a bit lump and is uncomfortable. The discomfort is at the front of my neck around the Adam s apple area. Is this strain from lifting? I am also a smoker and worry that could be some other problem caused by smoking however I didn t have any pain or discomfort until I lifted the items? Please advise
Asked On : Sun, 29 Jul 2012