Persistent loose stools, bloating post treatment for heavy bout of gardia. What is the cause?

hello i am 26 and last year i went travelling to nepal. i got gardia when i was there possibly from the water even after using chlorine tablets, i was only diagnosed with this when i wgot ecoli food poisoning and went to hospital where i was treated intravenously. i came back to the uk and got another stool sample taken, it was still present. i took a short course of metrazidanol, tested positive again, took a long course of metrazidanol - then tested negative twice in a row. Good got rid of it. maybe? my stool still floats and i feel bloated a year later. i am about to get tested again but my doctor seems uninterested in floating stools but i feel something is going on. What do you think?
Asked On : Thu, 21 Jun 2012