Periods not yet started, pinkish brownish discharge, sexually active. What could it be?

I am sexually active. I was expecting my period about 3 days ago. I never really got it, but I when I wiped yesterday it was a light pink. It wasn t enough to put a pad on or anything, just when I wiped. Then today, I got a really light brown looking discharge . I haven t really started my period yet. Usually it s very heavy, and it hasn t been at all this month. I am also usually very regular with my periods, never a day late. I am on the pill , but i must admit I forget to take it quite a bit so I double up on the pill when I remember. Also, we do not use protected sex. Could you please help me with what this could be? Pregnancy or some kind of health concern? help!
Asked On : Mon, 19 Nov 2012