Periods missing, pregnancy test negative, uterus lining thick. Chances for pregnancy?

Hi, I am 26 yrs Old married. I missed out my period for the last 20 days. I had my pre-home test pregnancy test done and 2 week s back and it was negative and after a week later i had consulted gynacologist. There again i had underdone the pregnancy test and it was negative. I had undergone ultrasound too. Then i came to know that my uterus lining is think and my doctor suggested me to wait for 1 more week as there are chances for pregnancy. This all happened around 4 days back and still now i didnt get my periods. please suggest me what to do?
Asked On : Sat, 21 Apr 2012