Periods after having unprotected sex regularly. Is there a problem with ovaries?

I m quite curious about my reproductive system, in my last relationship about a year ago i was with my partner for nearly 2 years and we started to have unprotected sex but every month i kept getting my period so it started to worry me a bit. I m now currently in a new relationship and the past month i had unprotected sex the week in which i was fertile and now it is 2 days until my period is due though i am getting pains so I know it is going to come, can i have children? is there a problem with my ovaries?..
Asked On : Tue, 3 Jul 2012
Thank you for asking HCM
I have gone through your query.If you have a regular period then your side mostly will be ok. But it is better to do an ultrasound examination Thyroid profile and hormone levels to rule out other conditions and finding your status of uterus.The problem most ladies face now is polycystic ovary.That is treatable also.I recommend you to have a consultation with gynecologist to have a physical examination and these tests.If you are ok with all those then your partners semen count should also be tested.And you can start folic acid tablets before 3 months of getting pregnant.Hope this may help you.
Let me know if you have any further query.