Periodic eruption of red, semi-raised, itchy spots on face that spread into blotches, no blisters, pus. Negative lupus test, suspicion of polymorphous light eruption. Advice?

Hello, I have been getting very red, semi-raised, occassionally itchy, spots on my face, one on each cheek , closest to my nose that sometimes spreads further into blotcehs but mainly they stay about the size of dimes. I get them ever Spring and they stay pretty much until fall. I have tried steriod cremes which do nothing. I have tried SPF 50+ sunscreen that blocks UVB, UVA rays AND everything in between - this does nothing. I have no idea what is on my face! I have been tested for lupus and that was negative and have been told that this may be polymorphous light eruption but my face does not look anything like the images I have seen. I do not blister, get sores, puss, or anything...please help in my research! Thanks, Blaire
Asked On : Mon, 23 Apr 2012