Perimenopause stage. Stopped pills. No periods. Muscle and joint pain, weight gain. Suffering from other symptoms.

I am 47 and in perimenopause. I have had symptoms for a couple of years. My mother started menopause at the same age. My doctor said to get off of the birth control pills, I did and did not have a period for three months. However, I soon began to have awful joint and muscle pain, I was very tired and put on weight etc. I started taking the pills again and the muscle and joint pain got better. I still have lots of symptoms and now i am using progesterone cream . I have not been back to the doctor because I am no longer insured. I also take synthroid .
Asked On : Wed, 25 Apr 2012