Pelvic sonogram showed ovarian cyst. Have abdominal pains. Can I rule out ovarian cancer?

Earlier this year, a friend OBGYN of mine did a pelvic sonogram that confirmed that I had a miscarriage. But he found what seemed to me a large mass -- he called it an ovarian cyst/ tumor . About a month ago, I get sharp pains in my abdomen. I am a 46 year old Latino female and only take thyroid medication. I do have liver cysts but wanted your opinion whether I need to rule out ovarian cancer . No history of cancer in my family only an aunt that died or cancer in her uterus (mom s side). Thank you! My email address is YYYY@YYYY
Asked On : Sat, 18 Aug 2012