Pasty brown discharge, irregular period, birth control implant in arm, medication for back hurt

I m just curious as to whether a pasty brownish discharge is normal. I have a very irregular period due to my birth control implant in my arm , and I ve also been put on medications for my back since I hurt it a while ago. My period has always been normal when it comes to color and duration, but my last period was a couple weeks ago, and it was only a couple days, and it was VERY light, where I usually have a heavy flow . And now, I m having this brownish pasty looking discharge. It has a smell to it, but it s not different from a normal coppery period smell. I m just kinda freaking out because I know that brownish discharge can be old blood that didn t come out when it should have, and I ve experienced that before, but this time it s just different. It s darker, and it s never been pasty like it is now. Any ideas?
Asked On : Tue, 1 May 2012