Partial seizures, mostly under stress. Family history of seizures. Prescribed encorate chrono300. Is it safe for the child?

Dear doctor, My 14 year son has been experiencing partial partial seizure with frequency of may be more than 6 months to one year. As we have observed that most of the time the seizure have come he was under stress (may be we had scolded him due to some undesirable act he had committed). we had him done all the tests thro a neurologist and some problem has been found in the in the EEG report. Is the problem hereditary as I too have encountered seizure once in a while (due to situation base stress or during urination sometimes). He has been advised encorate chrono 300 twice a day. Dear sir, is the medicine safe and OK. Om Prakash
Asked On : Sun, 20 May 2012