Painful swelling on cheekbone, pain persists even when swelling subsides, slight ache behind ear, headache. What could this be?

I have a solid mass, under my skin but on top of my left cheekbone, which swells like a golf ball sometimes. It it s really painful, and even when it reduces or becomes flat,there is a knawing aching pain going down into my ear and around the back of the ear. I also have a slight ache behind the ear, and below it is tender and lightly swollen. I have pain travelling up the side of my head as well. What is it?
Asked On : Sun, 28 Oct 2012