Painful navel. Flu bug is common in the location. Is it umbilical hernia?

My 8 year-old son has complained for the 2nd time in 2 weeks (about 5 days apart) of a sharp pain inside his navel, that lasted about 15 minutes each time. His temperature is normal and his color is good. He does not have pain anywhere else. He hasn t been effected by the flu-bug that is widespread here in the far southern area of the Northeast. My fiirst inclination was possible umbilical hernia . I ve heard other parents talk about it.
Asked On : Tue, 19 Feb 2013