Painful hand after a shot, swelling and inability to move. What may have happened?

I had blood drawn on Thursday (about 20 vials) and it hurt more than usual when the needle was inserted, during the draw and when the needle was removed. Usually no problem for me. As the day went on my hand was slowly becoming painful to open and close and there was some swelling/pain in my wrist . Friday it was so painful to move my wrist and I couldn t open/close my hand. (It was quite swollen too.) It improved as the day progressed and is almost completely gone now. Why did that happen? I have more bloodwork Monday and Tuesday. Should I just do my right arm on both occaisions?
Asked On : Tue, 26 Feb 2013