Painful dry socket in mouth, bitter taste. Tooth with old filling extracted. Treatment options?

I recently had a tooth with an old filling pulled, resulting in the most painful dry socket...Have had and continue to have an awful burning bitter taste in my mouth since, despite that there is no infection, no metal, and a new bridge in my mouth...Have no idea what else could be causing this problem, but it is taking over my entire life...Wondering what the next step should be or if I should see an ENT?
Asked On : Wed, 16 Jan 2013