Painful bruise on the knee joint without any injury. Need medical attention?

Male, 55, 200 pounds, Cholesterol about 230, otherwise, no known health problems. No prescription drugs. I have a bruise that has appeared on the inside of my left leg at the knee joint . It has been several weeks and it still appears. It s very light, but dark enough my wife noticed it. Initially there was a lump there, maybe 1 or 2 centimeters. The lump is gone. There is occasional mild pain from the location. I know of no trauma to the affected area. Do I need to seek professional medical advice?
Asked On : Sun, 23 Sep 2012