Painful and sore spot on roof of mouth. Marijuana user. Quit smoking. Should I be worried?

Hi. I m a 21 year old female who is usually very healthy. I noticed a sore spot on the roof of my mouth yesterday. I thought my tongue ring had bruised it, as it had happened before, but this morning, the sore spot had turned into a small lump... It s not as painful as it was yesterday and I can t really see it (it s not discoloured or anything). I am a daily marijuana user and an off and on smoker. I quit smoking again just the other day as a result of the viral infection I have (very sore throat , coughing, congestion in both ears and nose ). Should I be worried?
Asked On : Tue, 13 Nov 2012