Pain on making a fist weeks after being bitten by dog on hand, hard bump on the outside of hand. Will it subside?

I was bit by my husband s K9 sheriff dog. My hand immediately swelled and ice was put on it. It has taken about 2 weeks for the swelling and bruising to go away, but it still hurts to make a fist or to open bottles with small caps. Plus there is a small hard bump (the size of a penny) on the outside of my hand, between my first and second knuckle; about a half an inch lower than the knuckles. What is the bump and will it ever go away?
Asked On : Wed, 31 Oct 2012