Pain on exposure to cold food after getting root canal treatment done. What should be done now?

Hello, I ll get right to it... Went to the dentist for first time in 4 years. Got a good cleaning and replaced 2 old fillings with new ones ( tooth colored now, old were silver/metal). The fillings were on my back 2 left teeth . He noticed some decay in next to last tooth. 1 month later, pain starts up from eating/biting/ cold sensitive. I go back to my dentist and schedules a root canal on next to last tooth. Root canal done, three days later I start getting pain from cold stuff again. Could the endontist have missed some of the pulp? (There was no infection, just inflamed) now, when I drink just water on the left side, the pain starts mild increases to BAD then decreases... All within 30-45 seconds. Getting a little worried, trying to stay calm about this. We schedule a re-eval with endontist for sometime soon... Any words of wisdom or comfort are welcome. My original visit over a month ago gave me a boost to want to go to the dentist more often and take better care... But this whole situation is really bumming me out. Any info or suggestions?
Asked On : Thu, 15 Nov 2012