Ask a Dentist   »  

Having pain in upper left side tooth. Sensitivity while eating. Suggested with RCT. Need second opinion?

Dentist
Question
I am having pain in upper left hand side tooth. There is sensitivity even while eating. I consulted a doctor and she suggested RCT. I need second opinion. Could you help?
Posted Wed, 13 Nov 2013 in Dental Health

Answered by Dr. Neha Sumra 20 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes,if its deeply carious then go for RCT.

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX

Thanks for writing in.

If you have deep caries & experience sensitivity to both hot & cold, then it might be a case of irreversible pulpitis.
In such case if you want to save the tooth then RCT is the best option.
Follow the guidelines of your dentist.
Go for it without any second thought because later in it may get infected & difficult to be saved.

Hope I answered your query.

Wishing you good health

Dr. Neha Sumra

Follow-up: Having pain in upper left side tooth. Sensitivity while eating. Suggested with RCT. Need second opinion? 12 minutes later
Thanks Doctor XXXXXXX for your answer.
One thing more. My dentist also told me that I have 7 cavities that needs filling. To be very XXXXXXX this is my first time with a dentist and I am pretty scared. Should I go for 7 fillings? I am already done with 3 and it is painful for me. Doc told me that you have high sensitivity.

Answered by Dr. Neha Sumra 15 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes you should go for filling.

Detailed Answer:
Its better to get your teeth restored at this stage.If you wun't get it restored then decay will progress & later may require RCT.Its always better to get an early treatment done.
Mild senitivity is common while cavity preparation.Still if you have pain then ask your dentist to apply some desensitizing gel like senolin-sf while cavity preparation.
But get it done as early as possible.

Dr. Neha Sumra