Pain in toe especially in sleeping time, depressed. Is it neurological problem?

My son aged 56years has been married 3 times, very stressed for past year, his wife ended relationship of 8 years, he has been suffering with both big toes paining him, especially in bed has to get up and walk on them to stop pain, both toes are numb, it started with one, cannot say how long ago but has got particually bad since being told 6 weeks ago to leave which he has, he does get very stressed out, has a stressful job, he has been told to see a nueroliguist, the toes do not let him sit for long in the day
Asked On : Wed, 1 Aug 2012